Experienced Receptionist (bilingüe)
The Hotel Receptionist is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the alta’s vision and values on customer satisfaction. The main purposes of the hotel reception area’s staff are to respond courteously to guests’ requests, play a part in the general running of the reception desk and help the Front Desk Manager to maintain a smooth room bookings service.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience.
2. To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service.
3. To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay.
4. To assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible.
5. To be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
6. To assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
7. To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
8. To administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
9. To ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently.
10. To keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests.
- High School diploma as a minimum .
- Proven customer service experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, PMS and/ or POS).
- Ability to spot and resolve problems swiftly and efficiently.
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment and to deal with mutli tasks (phone, check-in and check-out, inquiries, chat, e-mails...) under stressful conditions.
- High standards of dress and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
- Great Communication skills both written and verbally.
- Very guest oriented and service minded.
- The ability to work unsupervised: Self starer, ability to self-motivate with a can-do attitude without close supervision.
- Available to work weekends and nights
- Have a vehicle and live in the west part of town
- Fully bilingual English / Spanish.
- National or legal residents with permanent residency.
We strongly appreciate:
- Work experience in a hotel.
- Work experience abroad (North America or Europe)
- Other European languages besides English and Spanish.
Competitive salary and bonus based on sales and achievments
Work within a successful and recognized boutique hotel
Complimentary Nature Air fligths in accordance with our internal policy
Insurances and yearly holidays as per the law
Continuous learning program
Apply only if fully qualified for this position. Best candidates will be contacted for a first interview. Skills and languages will be tested at second interview. This is a position that requires availability to work weekends, nights, bank holidays.
Hotel alta las palomas (Nature Air Group) is creating local job opportunities in all departments including operations, maintenance, food & beverage and administration. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.