Experienced waiter (mesero bilingüe)
Responsible for providing a friendly, profesinal, welcoming, efficient and swift service to all restaurant guests, in line with la luz restaurant & bar's vision and values.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Enter food and beverage orders from the guest on Point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff or change in hotel's occupancy on short notice as needed
- Follow up on orders make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: gluten free, not spicy, no dairy products.. etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- take phone orders and provide in-room F&B service.
- Observes guests' body language and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- propose right wine according to meal and properly open and pour at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking and food alergies
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report and Close the shift on the POS termial.
- High School diploma as a minimum .
- Proven waiting experience in a high-end restaurant.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS).
- Ability to spot and resolve problems swiftly and efficiently.
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment and to deal with mutli tasks under stressful conditions.
- High standards of dress and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
- Great Communication skills.
- Very guest oriented and service minded.
- The ability to work unsupervised: Self starer, ability to self-motivate with a can-do attitude without close supervision.
- Available to work weekends and nights
- Have a vehicle and live in the west part of town
- Fully bilingual English / Spanish.
- National or legal residents with permanent residency.
We strongly appreciate:
- Work experience in a hotel's restaurant
- Experience as barista
- Extensive knowledge of wine (sommelier)
- Work experience abroad (North America or Europe)
- Other European languages besides English and Spanish.
Competitive salary and bonus based on sales and achievments
Work within a successful and recognized boutique hotel
Complimentary Nature Air fligths in accordance with our internal policy
Insurances and yearly holidays as per the law
Continuous learning program
Apply only if fully qualified for this position. Best candidates will be contacted for a first interview. Skills and languages will be tested at second interview. This is a position that requires availability to work weekends, nights and bank holidays.
Hotel alta las palomas (Nature Air Group) is creating local job opportunities in all departments including operations, maintenance, food & beverage and administration. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.